Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"My Existence"

My heart is bruised and on Fire
I’m broken and tired, confused about my current state
Lost in some ways,
Some days are just days
Passing me by, I’m slowly passing away

They tell me “Why do you complain?”
Just deal with it, it’s not that bad
But they don’t understand
What it takes to be me,
They don’t know my pain
The long suffering and loneliness
Truthfully - I’m afraid

I have no one to turn to
No voice to respond to
No arms to run to
No shoulders for my tears to cry on
Where do I fit in? Where is my help? Where do I belong?

I’ve prayed until my pillows became soaked with agony
I’ve asked my father for help, to comfort me
I’m going through the darkness but not without a fight
But is there no escape?
Only do they want me, is when I’m healthy
Or when I’m pretty, when I have money

This isn’t about a man, this is about time.
This isn’t about love, this is about acceptance.
This isn’t about a harvest, this is about forgiveness

This is about the truth, this is about my existence

No comments:

Post a Comment